How to Change Facebook Password
If you are not able to log in to your Facebook account because you don’t remember the password of your account, you don’t need to worry about it. Facebook change password process is possible if you have access to your account but if you don’t have access to the account you have the option to reset the password of your account.
To reset the password of your Facebook account you need to have access to your recovery phone number or the alternate email address you provided for the account recovery. If you don’t have access to these Facebook change password process can be completed by answering the security question.
Facebook Change Password
You can follow the steps to reset the password of your Facebook account for the account recovery:
- Go to www.facebook.com
- Click on I forgot password
- Enter your User ID
- Click on Next
- It will give you the option to send the verification code to your phone number through SMS
- Click on SEND
- Confirm the code
- If you don’t have access to this phone number you can click on I don’t have access to this phone and then you will get the option to send the link for the password reset on your alternate email address
- Once you received the password reset link you need to click on the link by accessing your alternate email account
- Once you are able to confirm the verification code or click on the password reset link you will get the option to change the password of your account. You have to enter the new password then confirm it.
Next time you will be able to get access to your Facebook account using the new password. This is how to change Facebook password without using your old password.
Facebook user should keep changing the password on a regular basis. With regular update of password, it will be safe from the account hackers. The password for Facebook can be changed whether it is on iPhone or android. If a user wants to know how to change Facebook password on iPhone, then below mentioned steps will help out in that:
How to Change Facebook Password on iPhone
- The user is required to open the Facebook app in iPhone to get started with password change.
- Then, the tab with 3 lines on the bottom right corner is tapped.
- After that, the user needs to swipe down the page and choose Settings & Privacy option.
- Further, Privacy shortcuts option is tapped.
- Finally, the page is scrolled down a bit more to tap the option of Change your password.
- The user is then asked to enter the current password, the new password and re-enter password and then Save changes is clicked. The password is finally changed.
How to Change Facebook Password on Android
- Initially, the Facebook app is tapped on the android device.
- Then, with the correct credentials, the account is signed-in for changing the password.
- In Facebook app, the Account settings option is selected.
- After that, General setting menu is opened.
- By tapping on Password option, the user can change the password to a new one and save the changes.